DO YOU HAVE A PASSION FOR TEACHING AND A COMMITMENT TO MAKING A POSITIVE DIFFERENCE TO CHILDRENS’ LEARNING EXPERIENCES?
If you are a teacher then the answer will be yes because that’s what we all came into the world of education to do – to enable children to become life-long, resilient learners who grasp every opportunity to learn something new. At Smiles&Miles, we pride ourselves in providing enjoyable learning experiences designed to boost our students’ confidence and academic progress. Happy learners are successful learners and that’s at the heart of what we do. Do you share this philosophy? If you do then we would love you to come on board and tutor with us!
Smiles&Miles Tutoring is looking for Secondary Maths, English and Science tutors and Primary tutors to work one to one with students on a self employed basis. We cover the York, Selby and Tadcaster areas with plans to expand to Leeds and Harrogate.
Ideal applicants will:
- Be fully qualified teachers with recent experience of the Secondary or Primary curriculum.
- Have recent enhanced DBS check clearance.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be dedicated to making a positive difference to students’ academic progress and enjoyment of learning.
- Have a good understanding of the different teaching and learning strategies that help children to acheive learning success.
- Be willing to obtain Public Liability Insurance.
Smiles&Miles Tutoring can offer you:
- Excellent rates of pay.
- Flexible working hours – you choose how often you’d like to work.
- All initial liasing with parents and invoicing carried out by Smiles&Miles Tutoring – tutors are matched to students in terms of subject and year group preference and location.
- Resources provided to the students.
- Smiles&Miles Tutoring carries out all of the marketing to increase your chance of getting work.
- Access to free CPD.
- Termly social events.
- If you do not have a recent enhanced DBS check, you can apply for one through Smiles&Miles Tutoring.
How it works
- Contact us.
- We take a few details and arrange an informal interview to meet you and check documents.
- You let us know the days and times you’re available to tutor and how many students you’d like to work with.
- We match you to students in terms of subjects, age and location.
- We give you the details of a student along with the parents’ number which you call to introduce yourself before the student’s first session with you.
- We send you the books and stationery we provide for the students.
- Parents pay Smiles&Miles directly and we pay you an hourly rate for which you invoice us weekly or monthly.
- Smiles&Miles will contact you once each term to see how the sessions are going, offer advice and answer any questions you may have.